Immony Men, Our Home on Gerrard
AGM Tweetchat: Canadian Landscape
What role does visual art play in our perception and experience of the Canadian Landscape? How have Google Maps and the Internet reshaped our response to the landscape? How can contemporary artists assist us with seeing a future of the Landscape?
The Art Gallery of Mississauga invites you to join the conversation in the first ever monthly AGM Tweetchat on Thursday, October 18, 11 am. Join the AGM, the McMichael Canadian Art Collection, and The Tom Thomson Gallery in a conversation that will center around the Canadian Landscape, in particular themes and issues raised by the AGM’s current exhibition Genius Loci. When the Group of Seven’s representation of the landscape is so entrenched in public consciousness, how do contemporary artists take the visual conversation to the next level?
Date: Thursday, October 18
Time: 11 am – 12 noon
Topic: Canadian landscape
How to Join the Tweetchat:
- Log on to Twitter before 11 am on Thursday, October 18. Make sure you are following the Art Gallery of Mississauga (@artgallerymiss).
- To help you keep track of the conversation, you may also log on to Tweetchat at www.tweetchat.com. In the top blank, where it says “Enter hashtag to follow,” type in: AGMchat.
- You’re ready to go!
How this Works:
- For one hour beginning 11 am on Thursday, October 18, the AGM will be asking eight questions on the topic of the Canadian landscape. Questions will include the hashtag #AGMchat and will also be numbered Q1, Q2, Q3… to make it easier to follow the conversation.
- In your response to each question, please include A1, A2, A3… and the hashtag #AGMchat. If you are logged on to Tweetchat.com, Tweetchat will automatically include the hashtag for you. If you are following the conversation on another social media platform (e.g. Twitter, Hootsuite, Tweetdeck), please remember to include the hashtag #AGMchat in your tweets so that your responses will be viewed as part of the chat.
- Feel free to ask questions, discuss and debate. Open conversation is encouraged, however, we do ask that participants refrain from personal attacks and unruly conduct.
- BONUS: The top tweeter gets a mystery prize pack from the AGM!
Any questions? Tweet the AGM at @artgallerymiss, or contact Jaclyn Qua-Hiansen, AGM Social Media, at email@example.com.